Transgenic rds mice were injected subretinally with a recombinant adeno-associated virus serotype 2/1 containing tet driving expression of eGFP and Epo (rAAV2/1.
What does rAAV stand for?
rAAV stands for Recombinant Adeno-Associated Virus
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of rAAV
- Recombinant Alpha 1-Antitrypsin
- Reduced Agent and Area Treatment (pest control)
- Regionale Aanpak Aansluitende Trajecten (Dutch: Connecting Regional Approach Paths; economic research program)
- Royal Automobile Association of Thailand
- Recent Advances in Asistive Technology and Engineering
- Recovery Attitude and Treatment Evaluator
- Robot Armies Are the Future (online magazine)
- RCRA Administrative Action Tracking System (EPA)
- Receivables Agency Audit and Tracking System
- Remote Area Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Child Care (Australia)
- Regroupement des Artistes en Arts Visuels du Quebec (French: Coalition of Visual Artists of Quebec; Quebec, Canada)
- Radical Action Against War (St. Louis, MO)
- Regional Army Acquisition Workshop
- Request for Allocation Advice Worksheet (US FEMA)
- Rural, Agricultural and Allied Workers
- Radio Amateur Association of West Greece (Agrinio, Greece)
- Radar Altimeter and Altitude Warning System
- Ranger Anti-armor/Assault Weapon System
- Researchers, Academicians and Allied Workers Union (Tanzania)
- Real Academia Alfonso X
Samples in periodicals archive:
All three studies use recombinant adeno-associated virus (rAAV), a genetically engineered virus incapable of replicating but able to deliver a selected gene.
Alameda, CA) has patented a method for using recombinant adeno-associated virus virions for delivery of DNA molecules to muscle cells and tissue.