Audio outputs are line-level or embedded in the HD-SDI signal, and a 6-LED display indicates the received signal strength.
What does RSS stand for?
RSS stands for Received Signal Strength (wireless communication)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RSS
We have 524 other meanings of RSS in our Acronym Attic
- Reactor Safety Study
- Reactor Shutdown System
- Ready Service Spare
- Ready Supply Store
- Real Stream System
- Really Simple Syndication
- Rec.sport.soccer (newsgroup)
- Recall Sensor/Store System
- Receipt, Store and Stage (bioterrorism response)
- receive-side scaling
- Recombination Signal Sequence
- Recording and Streaming Server (video conferencing)
- Recovery Support Services (various locations)
- Recruiting Substation
- Redside Shiner (fish)
- Reduced Space Symbology
- Redundant System Slot
- Refugee Social Services (various organizations)
- Regiae Societatis Sodalis (Fellow of the Royal Society)
- Regimental Support Squadron
Samples in periodicals archive:
And just how much is too much, of course, depends on the received signal strength and how much noise margin is needed at the receiver.
Ekahau RTLS creates a signal strength map of the wireless LAN access points, by using received signal strength indicator (RSSI), it tracks Wi-Fi enabled terminals, and graphically displays the location of the terminals on a personal computer screen.
Once the AP was powered up and configured, Bandspeed performed a campuswide site analysis using AirMagnet laptop software to measure received signal strength, and perform data transfer and ping tests.
Near/far issues, received signal strength, spectra shaping, antenna spectral coloring, and antenna ringing must be addressed.
In addition to the commonly used cell-identity and timing-advance parameters, the mPosition solution utilizes received signal strength (RX) levels to calculate the position of a mobile phone, which increases the accuracy by up to 40%.