The abbreviation is variously used to refer to the following standards: Really Simple Syndication, Rich Site Summary, RDF Site Summary, or Real-time Simple Syndication.
What does RSS stand for?
RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of RSS
We have 524 other meanings of RSS in our Acronym Attic
- Range Safety System (US NASA)
- Ranked Set Sampling
- Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (Sanskrit learning foundation; India)
- Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (India; National Volunteer Corps)
- RDF Site Summary
- Reactor Safety Study
- Reactor Shutdown System
- Ready Service Spare
- Ready Supply Store
- Real Stream System
- Rec.sport.soccer (newsgroup)
- Recall Sensor/Store System
- Receipt, Store and Stage (bioterrorism response)
- receive-side scaling
- Received Signal Strength (wireless communication)
- Recombination Signal Sequence
- Recording and Streaming Server (video conferencing)
- Recovery Support Services (various locations)
- Recruiting Substation
- Redside Shiner (fish)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The free feature relies on Really Simple Syndication, an increasingly popular technology that can compile content from a wide array of Web sites catering to a user's personal tastes.
com/mechatronicszone), visitors can also sign up for news feeds and blog postings via Really Simple Syndication (RSS), as well as subscribe to the mechatronics e-newsletter.