[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] If a HMMWV with a newly installed transmission goes into "limp mode" (won't shift out of second gear right away, it could have the wrong erasable programmable read-only memory (EPROM) chip installed.
What does ROM stand for?
ROM stands for Read-Only Memory
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of ROM
We have 172 other meanings of ROM in our Acronym Attic
- Romanian Lego Users Group (est. 2007)
- Record of Lodoss War (anime)
- Raad van Overleg in de Metalektro (Dutch)
- Radio Organisatioun Medernach (Luxembourg radio station)
- Random Oracle Model (cryptography)
- Random Order of Magnitude (cost estimate)
- Range Of Motion
- Range of Movement
- Rate of Maxima
- Read Only Message
Samples in periodicals archive:
In addition, FRAM's fast write capability and unlimited write endurance make it superior to other types of nonvolatile memory, such as electrically erasable programmable read-only memory (EEPROM) or Flash.
MTMC's Transportation Engineering Agency engineers have produced "Better Military Traffic Engineering 2002," a highly interactive multi-media compact disk with read-only memory.
National Laboratory have developed an information storage method they call "high-density read-only memory," or HD-ROM.