The report states: "The approach was good, with the correct speed and approach angle, maintaining a constant distance from the helicopter ahead, until, crossing the threshold, G-MZED was 'pulled from the sky' and impacted the ground at a high rate of descent.
What does ROD stand for?
ROD stands for Rate Of Descent
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ROD
We have 111 other meanings of ROD in our Acronym Attic
- Republic of China Sports Federation
- Railroad Operations Computer Simulation
- Rat Organic Cation Transporter
- Resistant Ornithine Carbamoyltransferase (bacteriology)
- Rotary Coring Tool (oil exploration)
- Rat Organic Cation Transporter 1
- Radio Of Clark University
- Rail Operating Crafts United (2005-2007; now Railroad Workers United; Salem, IL)
- Remote Orderwire Control Unit
- Races of Destiny (Dungeons & Dragons; gaming)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The devices, which slow the rate of descent for vehicles entering the atmosphere of another planet, could be used in Mars missions launching as early as 2018.
Given this, the reaction to the torque horns induced a rate of descent from which the power required had exceeded the power available.
The year 2010 did include some positive developments, such as the initial stage of recovery for housing while the rate of descent for commercial building eased.
At this rate of descent to the surface, survival would be unlikely.
The approach appeared normal, though perhaps a little low and when about 800 yards from the runway and 100 to 150ft high there was a small increase in power that had the effect of reducing the rate of descent and flattening the glide angle.
The Fed said economic activity is "leveling out" in line with economists' views of leading indicators that the economy's rate of descent is slowing down.
You can control your rate of descent with the brake strap.