The approach to most of these questions involves using elements of Shannon's rate distortion theory incorporating a semantic system which is meaningful for the relevant alphabets and vocabulary implemented in transmission of the genetic code.
What does R-D stand for?
R-D stands for Rate Distortion
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 96 other meanings of R-D in our Acronym Attic
- Random Code Division Multiple Access
- Reverse Circular Disk of Scatterers Model
- Residual Code Excited Linear Prediction (also seen as RCELP)
- Revised Craig Handicap Assessment and Reporting Technique
- Reduced Charge
- R-Cytodine Monophosphate (part of RNA)
- Relativistic Complete Neglect of Differential Overlap (Method)
- Region-Based Convolutional Neural Network
- Reverse-Channel Quality Indicator Channel
- Reverse Common Signaling Channel
- Rocket Data Acquisition System
- Rotating-head Digital Audio Recorder
- The Day Hostile Forces are First Prepared to Attack
- Reverse Dedicated Control Channel
- Replacement Department of Transportation (replacement part label)
- Reverse Dedicated Signaling Channel
- Reverse Enhanced Access Channel
- rate-error grid analysis
- Regional Environmental Monitoring and Assessment Program
- Region-Based Forwarding Chain and Aggregate Reservation
Samples in periodicals archive:
One suspects that Weedon has avoided overt criticism of certain techniques that deal with sediment accumulation rate distortions of natural time series.
The rate distortion manifold is considered as a carrier for elements of the theory of information proposed by C.
Areas discussed include low-memory adaptive prefix coding, optimization of correlated source coding for event-based monitoring in sensor networks, analysis on rate distortion performance of compressive sensing for binary sparse sources, and tree histogram coding for mobile image matching.