The approach to most of these questions involves using elements of Shannon's rate distortion theory incorporating a semantic system which is meaningful for the relevant alphabets and vocabulary implemented in transmission of the genetic code.
What does R-D stand for?
R-D stands for Rate Distortion
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 96 other meanings of R-D in our Acronym Attic
- Random Code Division Multiple Access
- Reverse Circular Disk of Scatterers Model
- Residual Code Excited Linear Prediction (also seen as RCELP)
- Revised Craig Handicap Assessment and Reporting Technique
- Reduced Charge
- R-Cytodine Monophosphate (part of RNA)
- Relativistic Complete Neglect of Differential Overlap (Method)
- Region-Based Convolutional Neural Network
- Reverse-Channel Quality Indicator Channel
- Reverse Common Signaling Channel
- Rocket Data Acquisition System
- Rotating-head Digital Audio Recorder
- The Day Hostile Forces are First Prepared to Attack
- Reverse Dedicated Control Channel
- Replacement Department of Transportation (replacement part label)
- Reverse Dedicated Signaling Channel
- Reverse Enhanced Access Channel
- rate-error grid analysis
- Regional Environmental Monitoring and Assessment Program
- Region-Based Forwarding Chain and Aggregate Reservation
Samples in periodicals archive:
One suspects that Weedon has avoided overt criticism of certain techniques that deal with sediment accumulation rate distortions of natural time series.
Fitch understands that the purpose of these amendments is not to improve the sector's creditworthiness or the functioning of the insurance market, but rather to address macroeconomic issues arising from exchange rate distortions.
The rate distortion manifold is considered as a carrier for elements of the theory of information proposed by C.
Areas discussed include low-memory adaptive prefix coding, optimization of correlated source coding for event-based monitoring in sensor networks, analysis on rate distortion performance of compressive sensing for binary sparse sources, and tree histogram coding for mobile image matching.