Only special rapid deployment units and the military police still have ammunition stored at home today.
What does RDU stand for?
RDU stands for Rapid Deployment Unit (Teleware)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of RDU
We have 45 other meanings of RDU in our Acronym Attic
- Remote Data Transmission Unit
- Romanian Democratic Turkish Union
- Red Deer Television (CBC Affiliate in Alberta)
- Reliance Digital TV (India)
- Rightly Dividing the Word (El Campo, TX)
- Running Down the Walls
- Recognized Dietetic Technician of the Year
- Rural Density Transfer Zone
- Raleigh/Durham, NC, USA - Raleigh Durham International Airport (Airport Code)
- Rank-Dependent Utility
- Rassemblement pour la Démocratie et l'Unité (French: Rally for Democracy and Unity, Mauritania)
- Reasonable Drivers Unanimous
- Receipt and Despatch Unit (US Navy)
- Refrigerated Detector Unit
- Regional Decision Units
- Remote Diagnostic Unit (Bendix ABS)
- Remote Display Unit
- Renal Dialysis Unit
- Renewable Diesel Unit (various companies)
- Reptiles Down Under (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The denial was in response to American press reports about recent behind-the-curtain talks between US and Jordanian officials, addressing prospects of establishing such bases for the Marines or rapid deployment units to cope with any regional eventuality.
Their audience will be 20 senior police officers from the 450-strong rapid deployment unit of the country's national police force which has access to police and military helicopters.
But in the course of their investigation, they learned that members of the Rapid Deployment Unit had a habit of drinking beer in city offices while off duty.
Byline: The Register-Guard A former prostitute and heroin addict who worked the streets of Eugene for seven years before getting clean five years ago said members of the police's Rapid Deployment Unit once offered her a three-for-one deal.
Eugene police most likely will combine their INET resources with those of the now-defunct Rapid Deployment Unit, whose officers were absorbed into the patrol division in September as a result of staffing shortages, Eugene police Lt.
Eugene's Rapid Deployment Unit, the Interagency Narcotics Enforcement Team, the Eugene-Lane County Metro SWAT team, Springfield SWAT, Portland police and two unarmed National Guard soldiers who drove the light armored vehicle all participated in the raid.
Undercover officers monitored the area for three days last week, buying drugs and identifying 19 downtown dealers in an investigation spearheaded by the Rapid Deployment Unit, which targets specific neighborhood blights such as prostitution and drug activity.