There are a range of military options open to the US from drone attacks to strikes by special forces.
What does RMO stand for?
RMO stands for Range of Military Options
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of RMO
We have 69 other meanings of RMO in our Acronym Attic
- Random Mutation and Natural Selection
- Reference Material for Nutrients in Seawater
- Rocky Mountain National Speedway
- Royal Merchant Navy School (UK)
- Royal Moroccan Navy Ship
- Royal Merchant Navy School Foundation (UK)
- Raad voor Maatschappelijke Ontwikkeling
- Radar Management Officer
- Range Management Office
- Réception Mariage Organisation (French: Wedding Reception Organization)
- Recolhimento Mensal Obrigatório (Portugese: Monthly Mandatory Collection; Brazil)
- Records Management Office
- Records Management Official
- Recruitment Management Organization
- Redundancy Modification Order (UK)
- Références Médicales Opposables (French: Opposable Medical References)
- Refrigeration Machine Operator (license)
- Regimental Medical Officer (British Army; UK)
- Regional Mathematical Olympiad (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Still, it is my department's responsibility to plan for all contingencies and to provide the president with a wide range of military options should they become necessary.
ON BOARD A US MILITARY AIRCRAFT: The US is still looking at a full range of military options on Libya, the Pentagon said on Wednesday, a day before NATO defense ministers gather for a meeting likely to expand on Western nations deliberations about a no-fly zone.
Clark added that the flexibility of the Fleet Response Plan will keep our enemies guessing and will provide the President with a greater range of military options.
In parallel, preparatory activity continues to ensure the availability and readiness of a range of military options, should they be required.
In order to defend ourselves against these new threats, NATO needs to be able to deploy at short notice flexible, well-armed forces capable of conducting sustained operations across a range of military options.
One senior administration official said Bush is considering a wide range of military options targeting bin Laden but retaliation is not imminent.