Just be sure your activity is limited to getting range of motion back--do not go all out yet.
What does ROM stand for?
ROM stands for Range Of Motion
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ROM
We have 172 other meanings of ROM in our Acronym Attic
- Reinverting Operating Lens System (Volk Optical, Inc.; Mentor, OH)
- Research on Language and Social Interaction (Journal)
- Rule of Law and Security Institutions (UN)
- Roland Simulation
- Romanian Lego Users Group (est. 2007)
- Record of Lodoss War (anime)
- Raad van Overleg in de Metalektro (Dutch)
- Radio Organisatioun Medernach (Luxembourg radio station)
- Random Oracle Model (cryptography)
- Random Order of Magnitude (cost estimate)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The girls simply have an incredible range of motion -- their bones, muscles, and other body tissues work together to help them bend farther, arch higher, and stretch more (much more) than most of us can.
The device was initially used in the immediate postoperative period, with the stated outcome being a reduction in length of hospital stay and improved long-term range of motion.
The manual keeps referring to active assistive range of motion (ROM).