From the Random House Historical Dictionary of American Slang we find that the reference to "hump" goes back to the 1800's.
What does RHHDAS stand for?
RHHDAS stands for Random House Historical Dictionary of American Slang
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Business, finance, etc.
- Reverend Horton Heat (band)
- Rheinhessen (part of the state of Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany)
- Rollins Hudig Hall of Southern California, Inc.
- Rossmann Hurt Hoffman, Inc (Ellicott City, MD)
- Royal Hallamshire Hospital (UK)
- Royal Hobart Hospital (Tasmania, Australia)
- Rubber High Heat-resistant (wire)
- Respiratory Health Hazards in Agriculture (US CDC)
- Royal Herakles Hockey Club
- Radiology History and Heritage Charitable Trust (UK)
- Russian Heritage Highway Foundation
- Recombinant human Hepatocyte Growth Factor
- Regional Home Health Intermediary
- Rotary Heritage and History International Fellowship (Rotary International)
- Roller Hockey Hall of Fame
- Reproductive Health Hazards Program
- Reservoir Hill House of Peace (Baltimore, MD)
- Rice House Healthcare Program (Durham, NC)
- Red Hook High School (Red Hook, NY)
- Reload Half-Half Step
Samples in periodicals archive:
Columnists include Norm Goblstein, editor of The Associated Press Stylebook and Libel Manual, and Jesse Sheidlower, a lexicographer and project director of the Random House Historical Dictionary of American Slang.
Volume I of the new three-part Random House Historical Dictionary of American Slang (HDAS) continues to receive plaudits, including this assertion from the chief editor of the Oxford English Dictionary, John Simpson: "This is a remarkable compendium of American slang, a landmark publication, at one stroke sweeping its predecessors into the shade.