Price is the author of several similar books on words and is a former editor for The Random House Dictionary of the English Language.
What does RHDEL stand for?
RHDEL stands for Random House Dictionary of the English Language
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
- Raleigh Historic Districts Commission (est. 1961; Raleigh, NC)
- Rangamati Hill District Council (Rangamati, Bangladesh)
- Research Higher Degrees Committee (Australia)
- Ridge Hill Development Corporation (Yonkers, NY)
- Riverside Housing Development Corporation (Riverside, CA)
- Rural Health Development Centre (India)
- Removable Hard Disk Drive
- Residential Home for Developmentally Disabled (Coshocton, OH)
- Removable Hard Disk Drive Cartridge
- Red Hispana de Desarrollo Empresarial (Spanish: Hispanic Business Development Network)
- Regional Housing Delivery Group (United Kingdom)
- Real Household Disposable Income (national average income assessment; various countries)
- Rural Heritage Development Initiative (Arkansas)
- Rat High Density Lipoprotein
- Recombinant High Density Lipoprotein
- Reconstituted High-Density Lipoprotein (biochemistry)
- Red Hat Desktop Linux
- Red Hat Developer Network
- Right Hand Decimal Point (electronics)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Random House Dictionary of the English Language defines "crisis" as "a condition of instability and danger .
Walpole suggested that the word "serendipity" be added to the lexicon, and these many years later the Unabridged Random House Dictionary of the English Language defines it as "an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident," which is very close to its usage in the story.
The Random House Dictionary of the English Language, 1987 I have no idea why or when Connecticut Senator Joseph I.
The Random House Dictionary of the English Language points out that a censor is "an official who examines books, plays, news reports .