That version is known as phase-change random access memory, or ovonic memory, in reference to Ovshinsky.
What does RA stand for?
RA stands for Random Access
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of RA
We have 122 other meanings of RA in our Acronym Attic
- Radiocommunications Agency (within DTI)
- Radiographic Absorptiometry (bone density calculation using a hand X-ray and a small metal wedge)
- Radiological Assessment
- Radiology Assembly of Medical Group Management Association
- Rain (aviation meteorology)
- Rainforest Alliance
- Ram-Air (General Motors)
- Ramblers Association (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Where does a hypothetical application with very high capacity, random access that is infrequently referenced optimally reside?