The programme of work chosen features work by two well-loved composers, Johannes Brahms and Ralph Vaughan Williams for which it will be joined by soloists Sarah Tynan (soprano) and Roderick Williams (baritone).
What does RVW stand for?
RVW stands for Ralph Vaughan Williams (composer)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of RVW
We have 13 other meanings of RVW in our Acronym Attic
- Relief Valve Vent Header (industrial engineering)
- Ridderkerkse Voetbal Vereniging Hercules (Dutch: Ridderkerk Hercules Football Association; Netherlands)
- Runway Visibility Value Not Available
- Right Ventricular Volume Overload Group
- River Valley Veterinary Service (est. 1983; Minnesota)
- Rocky View Virtual School (Canada)
- Russell's Viper Venom Time
- Reactor Vessel Vent Valve
- Reserves Voormalige Vrijwillige Ziekenfondsverzekeringen (Dutch: Former Voluntary Fund Insurance Reserves)
- Raad voor Verkeer en Waterstaat
- Reed, Veach, Wurdeman, & Associates, Inc. (Columbus, Nebraska)
- Refugee Voice Wales
- Richard Vanceunebrouck-Werth
- Rip Van Winkle
- Roe vs. Wade (supreme court abortion case)
- Rio Vista Windsurfing Association (California)
- Roanoke Valley Wrestling Association (Roanoke, VA)
- Review Batch Wage Changes
- Rogue Valley Wisdom Council (political group)
- Right Ventricular Wall Device (diaphragm-driven)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Several melodies are due to be played during the event, including ' Fountains of Rome' by Ottorino Respighi, 'Four Sea Interludes' by Benjamin Britten, 'Fantasia on Greensleeves' by Ralph Vaughan Williams and 'Enigma variation' by Edward Elgar.
Nicolas Bell, Hugh Cobbe, and Robin Wells as representatives of the British Library (home of the Vaughan Williams collection), the Vaughan Williams Charitable Trust and the Ralph Vaughan Williams society, respectively.
Intended as a companion to the Tudor Choir's previous recording of Shaker hymns (Gentle Words, Loft LRCD1041, 2001 [reissued 2003]), Simple Gifts broadens the program's scope to include early American hymnody from William Billings and (in modern rearrangement) Elizabeth Poston, traditional Appalachian folk song, Sacred Harp material, and songs by John Ireland, Ralph Vaughan Williams, and John Rutter.
The concert will include a number of original works for brass band by composers such as Gustav Holst and Ralph Vaughan Williams.
We were going to do the British Invasion from Ralph Vaughan Williams to the Beatles," said Diane Retallack, artistic director and conductor of the choir.
Ralph Vaughan Williams, a British composer and hymn writer, is featured in a new booklet composed by Ted Stewart.
THE Lark Ascending by British composer Ralph Vaughan Williams has been voted the nation's favourite piece of classical music for the third year running.