According to the non-profit Rainforest Action Network (RAN), this dumping--especially throughout Appalachia where MTR is most prevalent--"undermines the objectives and requirements of the Clean Water Act.
What does RAN stand for?
RAN stands for Rainforest Action Network
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of RAN
We have 87 other meanings of RAN in our Acronym Attic
- Remote Area Medical Volunteers (charity; Canada)
- rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled (newsgroup)
- rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled (newsgroup)
- Read a Million Words (various locations)
- Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington
- Rigged Alternate Method Zodiac
- Radicalisation Awareness Network (EU)
- Radio Access Network
- Radio Area Network
- Radiodiffusion Audionumérique (French)
- Randolph AFB (USAF base in Universal City, TX, USA)
- Random Access Number
- Random Number
- Rapid Automatised Naming
- Readiness Assessment Network
- Reanswerable Signal (CCS #7 & ITU-T)
- Reconnaissance Attach Navigator
- Recorded Announcer (Vodavi)
- Régie des Chemins de Fer Abidjan-Niger (French: Abidjan-Niger Railway Board)
- Regional Air Navigation
Samples in periodicals archive:
Just weeks before the Ken-Barbie "breakup" went viral, another green group, Rainforest Action Network, accused Disney of printing children's books on paper made from pulp supplied by APP.
The California-based nonprofit Rainforest Action Network (RAN) launched a new campaign last week, trying to influence financial sector powerhouses Citi Group and Bank of America to shift their investments away from coal and other dirty-energy projects and toward clean energy alternatives.
Led by the Rainforest Action Network (RAN), a group committed to preserving equatorial rainforests, a sizable group of protesters descended on the banking giant's annual meeting in San Francisco.
The Rainforest Action Network (RAN) had targeted it for selling wood from illegally cut rainforests and old-growth forests.
Jennifer Krill, who runs the "Zero Emissions Campaign" at Rainforest Action Network, says, "The Bluewater Network plays an important role in the coalition we're bringing to bear on Ford.