The workers are members of the Railways Pension Scheme which has seen its shortfall balloon in the recession.
What does RPS stand for?
RPS stands for Railways Pension Scheme (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of RPS
We have 374 other meanings of RPS in our Acronym Attic
- Resilient Packet Rings Working Group (IEEE 802.17)
- Rack & Pinion Steering
- Rack Position Sensor
- Radar Position Symbol
- Radiation Protection Standard
- Radiation Protection Supervisor
- Radio Paging System
- Radioisotope Power System
- Radiological Protection System (US FEMA)
- Rail Pressure Sensor
- Rainbow Portal Software
- Random Parity Stream (Fujitsu)
- Random Preloaded Subsets
- Rapid Primary Survey
- Rapid Prototyping Software
- Rapport Préliminaire de Sûreté (French: Preliminary Safety Report; also seen as RPRS)
- Raster Product Standard
- Raytheon Polar Services
- Reactive Polystyrene
- Reactor Protection System (nuclear reactors)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Members were alerted by financial services firm rpmi, who look after the railways pension scheme.
The Railways Pension Scheme is managed by Darlington-based, Pension Management and its sister company Railpen Investments, which was were recognised not only for excellent service standards but for innovation and ingenuity in running the overall scheme.