Graham Coombes, from the Railway Industry Association, said Centro's decision to contract a foreign firm had been dictated by a lack of tram systems and manufacturers in the UK.
What does RIA stand for?
RIA stands for Railway Industry Association (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of RIA
We have 171 other meanings of RIA in our Acronym Attic
- Rotationally Invariant Trellis-Coded Modulation
- Resonance Ionization Time-Of-Flight Mass Spectrometry
- Remedial Investigation Baseline Risk Assessment
- Remedial Investigation/Feasibility Study
- Research Institute for Information Technology (Kyushu University; Japan)
- Rack Interface Agreement
- Radiation Induced Attenuation (optical fibers)
- Radioiodine Ablation
- Radiosonde Initial Analysis
- Random Insanity Alliance (gaming clan; Cyber Nations)
- Range Insensitive Axis
- Rapid Impact Assessment
- Rare Isotope Accelerator
- Reactivity Insertion Accident
- Reactivity-Initiated Accident
- Reaming Irrigation Aspirator (bone graft harvesting system)
- Recommended Improvement Area
- Régiment d'Infanterie Alpine (French: Alpine Infantry Regiment)
- Regional Incentive Agreement (Government pricing agreement term)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Railway Industry Association, the representative body for UK-based suppliers of equipment and services to the world-wide industry, is interested in the ambitious railway projects in the Arab Gulf states, said RIA International Business Development Director Tim Gray said Friday.
Jeremy Candfield, director general of the UK railway supply industry body the Railway Industry Association, said the report findings demonstrated 'an achievable implementation of the new technologies now becoming available'.