A spokesman for Network Rail confirmed there were problems due to the railhead (part of the track) being wet and slippery, meaning it was difficult for the wheels of trains to gain traction.
What does RHD stand for?
RHD stands for Railhead
This definition appears somewhat frequently
See other definitions of RHD
We have 80 other meanings of RHD in our Acronym Attic
- Red Hat Certification Training (computer training)
- Red Hat Certified Technician
- Relative Half Clearance Time (physiology)
- Roller Hockey Club de Vannes (French roller hockey club; Vannes, France)
- Royal Hockey Club Verviers (est. 1912; field hockey club; Belgium)
- Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (Linux certification)
- Red Hat Certified Examiner
- Rural Housing Control Zone (County of Cork, Ireland)
- Rabbit Haemorrhagic Disease
- Racial Harmony Day (Singapore)
- RASSP Help Desk
- Receipt, Handling and Dispatch (warehouse storage)
- Red Hand Defenders (terror organization)
- Red Hat Developer (Linux)
- Registreringssentral for Historiske Data (Norwegian: Norwegian Historical Data; census)
- Rel Homology Domain
- Relative Hepatic Dullness
- Remedy Help Desk
- Removable Hard Disk
- Research Higher Degree
Samples in periodicals archive:
Technicians advise that the Down Line is fit for line speed but the Up Line has standing water approximately half an inch above the railhead.
Railhead Underground Products invites HDD specialists to "go green" with its Direct Bore.
At the entrance to the Ayrton Railhead there is a 100 tonne rail and road weighbridge used primarily for weighing dry bulk hopper wagons and liquid rail tanks.
Hearst is a major railhead, highway and pipeline junction, a factor that played heavily into MEMS site selection.