I had two operations to remove my thyroid before having radioiodine ablation.
What does RIA stand for?
RIA stands for Radioiodine Ablation
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RIA
We have 171 other meanings of RIA in our Acronym Attic
- Serially Concatenated System with Rotational Invariance
- Rotationally Invariant Serial Concatenated Trellis-Coded Modulation
- Rotationally Invariant Trellis-Coded Modulation
- Resonance Ionization Time-Of-Flight Mass Spectrometry
- Remedial Investigation Baseline Risk Assessment
- Remedial Investigation/Feasibility Study
- Research Institute for Information Technology (Kyushu University; Japan)
- Rack Interface Agreement
- Radiation Induced Attenuation (optical fibers)
- Radiosonde Initial Analysis
- Railway Industry Association (UK)
- Random Insanity Alliance (gaming clan; Cyber Nations)
- Range Insensitive Axis
- Rapid Impact Assessment
- Rare Isotope Accelerator
- Reactivity Insertion Accident
- Reactivity-Initiated Accident
- Reaming Irrigation Aspirator (bone graft harvesting system)
- Recommended Improvement Area
Samples in periodicals archive:
Papillary thyroid carcinoma have a good overall prognosis after total thyroidectomy, radioiodine ablation and levothyroxine suppression therapy.
Short-term hazards of low-dose radioiodine ablation therapy in postsurgical thyroid cancer patients.
If vascular invasion is present, the risk of thyroid cancer-related death is higher, and we classify the patient as 'intermediate risk,' with radioiodine ablation, suppression of thyroid-stimulating hormone, and follow-up every year that includes thyroglobulin and ultrasound," she reported.