To address inherent observational challenges, the astronomers developed new techniques that removed both man-made radio interference and radio emission from more-nearby astronomical sources, to leave the extremely faint radio waves coming from the very distant hydrogen gas.
What does RI stand for?
RI stands for Radio Interference
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RI
We have 47 other meanings of RI in our Acronym Attic
- Royal Hamilton Yacht Club (Hamilton, Ontario, Canada)
- Royal Harwich Yacht Club (UK)
- Runaway and Homeless Youth Management Information System
- Rhein Hunsrueck Zeitung (German: Rhein Hunsrueck Newspapers)
- Rolling Hills Zoo (Salina, KS)
- Radio Hrvatsko Zagorje Krapina (Croation radio station)
- Recombinant Human Zona Pellucida Glycoprotein
- Member of the Real Estate Institute of British Columbia
- Radiation Intensity
Samples in periodicals archive:
Comfortable, the buttons and auto-tune useful, but we had so much radio interference we could hear BBC Radio 5Live and the TV simultaneously.
25, radio interference temporarily disrupted a channel that air traffic controllers use to communicate with planes departing Haneda airport.
The communications watchdog Ofcom wants to put up a mast in green belt to monitor radio interference and unauthorised use.
However, they say it is unlikely to be radio interference or a hoaxer.
These programs assist in site management, analysis of sources of radio interference, and the measure of radio frequency emissions (which must fall below regulatory maximums).