King Edward VI High School, in Morpeth, has bid for the licence from the Government's radio authority, Ofcom.
What does RA stand for?
RA stands for Radio Authority (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of RA
We have 122 other meanings of RA in our Acronym Attic
- Earned Run Average Plus (arcane baseball statistic; used to measure pitching dominance versus the league)
- Irish Republican Army
- Postal Tax Stamp (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- Rabbinical Assembly
- Radar Altimeter
- Radial Artery
- Radiallahu Anhu (companions of Prophet Mohammed)
- Radio Access
- Radio Altimeter
- Radio Australia
- Radiocommunication Act
- Radiocommunication Assembly
- Radiocommunications Agency (within DTI)
- Radiographic Absorptiometry (bone density calculation using a hand X-ray and a small metal wedge)
- Radiological Assessment
- Radiology Assembly of Medical Group Management Association
- Rain (aviation meteorology)
- Rainforest Alliance
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Radio Authority has switched off plans by Midland News Association to buy a controlling interest in Telford FM.
Ten listeners complained to the Radio Authority after hearing it on Classic FM, Tower FM and Heart 106.
Industry regula-tors, the Radio Authority said Capital should have run ``more rigorous checks'' to ensure it was suitable.
It is being aired on London's Capital Gold and XFM stations and was approved by the radio authority just a day after the row over the Jeffrey Archer diaries, reported the Evening Standard.
The Radio Authority upheld a complaint about the scheduling of the track which it said breached its programme code.