The Radio Advertising Clearance Centre (RACC) blocked the ad, which a spokesman said contained "fairly overt sexual references in terms of sound effects", despite Ann Summers applying for a post-watershed time slot.
What does RACC stand for?
RACC stands for Radio Advertising Clearance Centre (United Kingdom)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of RACC
We have 92 other meanings of RACC in our Acronym Attic
- Resource and Conservation Assessment Council (Australia)
- Radar Assisted Collision Avoidance/Guidance Strategy
- Recombinant Ancylostoma Caninum Anticoagulant Peptide
- Regional Adviser for Culture in Asia and the Pacific (UNESCO)
- Range Control Automated Scheduling System
- Rabbit Anti-Chicken Brain (serum)
- Reproductive Assessment by Continuous Breeding
- Revolutionary Anti-Capitalist Bloc
- Royal Automobile Club de Belgique
- Racing Automobile Club Courcellois (France)
- Radiology Administration Certification Commission (American Healthcare Radiology Administrators)
- Rainforest Aboriginal Consultative Committee
- Rape and Abuse Crisis Center (Fargo, ND)
- Reading Adult and Community College (United Kingdom)
- Reading Area Community College (Pennsylvania)
- Real Automobil Club de Catalunya
- Recreation and Convocation Center (University of Albany; New York)
- Reference Amount Customarily Consumed (health/nutrition)
- Reformed Anglican Catholic Church
- Regional Agricultural Consultative Committee
Samples in periodicals archive:
The ad had been approved by the Radio Advertising Clearance Centre (RACC) with the advice that it should be scheduled away from times when children under 16 were likely to be listening, such as breakfast and drivetime.
The Radio Advertising Clearance Centre ruled the radio ad should only go out from 9pm to 6am.