and the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group in Philadelphia performed a case-matched analysis comparing high-dose external beam radiation therapy using a combination of photons (X-rays) and protons with brachytherapy (radioactive seed implants).
What does RTO stand for?
RTO stands for Radiation Therapy Oncology
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RTO
We have 106 other meanings of RTO in our Acronym Attic
- Real-Time and Network Systems (conference)
- Return to Normal Servicing
- Reuters Trade Notification Service (message delivery service)
- Rotating Target Neutron Source
- reflective total nasal symptom score
- Regulatory Treatment of Non-Safety Systems
- Right to New Version (software)
- Raid the North Extreme (Canada)
- Rolling Thunder New York, Chapter II (motorcyclists)
- Round Table New Zealand (men's club)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The trial was conducted by the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group.
Benjamin Movsas reported on behalf of the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG) 0214 study investigators at the annual meeting of the American Society for Radiation Oncology.
[9,10] The Radiation Therapy Oncology Group recently reported the findings of its prospective, randomized, 2-year comparison of once-daily fractionation, hyperfractionation, and two variants of accelerated fractionation.
The largest and most definitive study to date has found that patients with stage III or IV oropharyngeal cancer (cancers of the upper throat) whose tumors contained the human papillomavirus (HPV) have better outcomes than patients with HPV-negative disease according to new research from the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG).
Administering goserelin acetate as an adjuvant treatment after radiotherapy increases long-term survival in patients with high-risk prostate cancer, according to results of a phase III trial of the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group led by Miljenko Pilepich, M.