Introduction Osteoradionecrosis (ORN), also known as postradiation osteonecrosis (PRON), is a serious, debilitating and deforming potential complication of radiation therapy for the treatment of cancer of the head and neck.
What does RT stand for?
RT stands for Radiation Therapy
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RT
We have 81 other meanings of RT in our Acronym Attic
- Radio Society of Zambia (Kitwe, Zambia)
- Railway Systems of Zambia Ltd. (Kabwe, Zambia)
- Ranotsara Shear Zone (geology)
- Re-Scaled Sum of Z-Scores
- Replication Slow Zone (biological chemistry)
- Rijksdienst Voor Sociale Zekerheid (Belgium National Social Security Office)
- Rabbi Shlomo Zalman Auerbach
- Racing Team (Dodge)
- Racing Thoughts (psychiatry)
- Radiant Tube
Samples in periodicals archive:
Physicians who care for previously irradiated patients should consider the possibility of a postirradiation sarcoma whenever they see a suspicious lesion, regardless of the amount of time that has passed since radiation therapy was administered.