AE1 Williams Schuyler, right, and AE1 Jason Siani, both assigned to HS-4, repair components of a radar warning system on a helicopter in the hangar bay aboard USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76).
What does RWS stand for?
RWS stands for Radar Warning System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of RWS
We have 98 other meanings of RWS in our Acronym Attic
- RTTY (Radioteletype) World Ranking List (ham radio quality rating)
- Refugee Women's Resource Project (UK)
- Reverse Wound, Reverse Polarity
- Riparian and Wetland Research Program (University of Montana: Missoula, MT)
- Rural Welfare Reform Project (Ohio University)
- Rugby Western Relief Road (Warwickshire County Council; UK)
- Random Walk in Random Scenery (mathematics)
- Restricted Weapons Registration System
- Rescue & Weather Reconnaissance Wing
- IEEE Radio and Wireless Symposium
- Radiological Warning System
- Ralph Wilson Stadium (Buffalo, NY)
- Ramsey Wind Symphony (New Jersey)
- Range While Search
- Raw Waste Storage
- Read/Write Storage
- Real World Scenario (software testing)
- Real World Strategies (Global Campaign for Education)
- Receive Window Size (layer 2 tunnel protocol)
- Recht Wirtschaft Steuern (German: Business Tax Law)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This simulator radar gun is used to test the APR-44(V) radar warning system and the AN/ALQ-162, automatic radar jammer.
The package includes 84 new F-15 fighter jets, upgrades to 70 existing Saudi F-15s, 190 helicopters and a wide array of missiles, bombs and delivery systems, as well as accessories such as night-vision goggles and radar warning systems.
PORTABLE car satnav and radar warning systems are easily stolen.
Future upgrades to the B-1B are expected to provide greater flexibility by enabling it to carry three different types of bombs simultaneously and eliminate some of its long-term survivability and maintainability problems by improving its radar warning systems, jamming ability, and other electronic countermeasures.
This combines a BAE Systems AN/ALR-94 Electronic Support Measures Radar Warning System, the AN/AAR-56 Maw and the AN/ALE-52 flare dispenser system.