RELATED ARTICLE: Human Rights Milestones in Canada 1944 Racial Discrimination Act, Ontario.
What does RDA stand for?
RDA stands for Racial Discrimination Act (Australia)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of RDA
We have 222 other meanings of RDA in our Acronym Attic
- Research Diagnosis for Tardive Dyskinesia
- Reliability Development/Growth Testing
- Registered Dietician/Licensed Dietician
- Rounds Per Minute
- Remedial Design/Remedial Action
- Radarman First Class (USN Rating)
- Region of Difference 1
- Radarman Second Class (USN Rating)
- Radarman Third Class (USN Rating)
- 50% Respiratory Rate Decrease
- Radar Data Acquisition
- Railway Design Associates (model trains)
- Rainy Day Amendment (Oregon, USA)
- Rajshahi Development Authority (Bangladesh)
- Random Duplicate Allocation
- Rapid Deployment for Action (band)
- Rapid Development Application (see also RDE)
- Rassemblement Democratique Africain (French: African Democratic Rally)
- Rate Design Application (British Columbia Utilities Commission; British Columbia, Canada)
- Rational Data Architect (IBM Corp.)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Koowarta asserted the Queensland Government was discriminating against Aboriginal people by preventing their acquisition of large areas of land and that this was in contravention of the Commonwealth's Racial Discrimination Act 1975.
Australia had earlier, handed a 109-page report to the committee detailing changes since Labor won power in 2007 to bring the intervention into line with the Racial Discrimination Act and to abolish temporary protection visas.
Due to our own Government's inefficiency and stupidity, places like Birmingham, Bradford, Leicester and Peterborough have lost many of their British traditions because local councillors are scared stiff of the Racial Discrimination Act.
Under the provisions of the Federal Racial Discrimination Act, the HREOC may also mediate a complaint when a plaintiffs religious affiliation is considered tantamount to membership in an ethnic group.
Title VII under the CRA provides for damages arising from gender or racial discrimination acts or both, as defined therein.
I had always thought that the legislative frameworks of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 and the Sex Discrimination Act 1984 would provide adequate protection against discrimination, and that it was therefore unnecessary to have entrenched constitutional protections like those within the United States Constitution.
In an effort to get around the Racial Discrimination Act it has decided to go down the American path of close supervision of people who are doing it tough.