Worldwide, there is a limited supply of rabies immune globulin.
What does RabIg stand for?
RabIg stands for Rabies Immune Globulin
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Royal Association of British Dairy Farmers (UK)
- Richmond Association for Business Economics (Richmond, VA)
- Russian Association of Business Education (est. 1990)
- Renal Arterial Blood Flow
- Radar Beacon Forward Air Controller
- Radial Artery Blood Flow Velocity
- Rechtspraak Antwerpen Brussel Gent (Dutch; Belgian law journal)
- Rich As Bill Gates
- The Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution (UK)
- Rebellion Against Big Irrepressible Dweebs
- Rapid Automated Biological Identification System (US Department of Homeland Security)
- Ranked Ballot Initiative of Toronto (Toronto, Canada)
- Rapid Automated Bacterial Impedance Technique
- Rapid Border Intervention Team (EU)
- Reconstruction of Attosecond Beating by Interference of Two-photon Transitions
- Reductive Anaerobic Biological In-Situ Treatment Technology
- Radiographic Alveolar Bone Loss (server)
- Reactive Autonomous Blackhole List
- Richmond Avenue Branch Library (Atlantic City, NJ)
- Rock Art in the British Landscape (website; UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Doctors present on the occasion strongly recommended availability of Rabies Immune Globulin (RIG) instead of obsolete Sheep Brain Vaccines as a mode of protection to the dog bite victims.
By using a rabies vaccine and human rabies immune globulin (hRIG) soon after exposure, patients are protected from the fatal disease.
Although a theoretical risk exists for adverse effects from rabies immune globulin and killed rabies virus vaccines, several studies assessing the safety of this treatment have failed to identify these risks (3-6).