Rabbi Julie Schonfeld, head of the Conservative movement's Rabbinical Assembly, said the larger lesson of the spill is a call to reduce energy dependence on petroleum.
What does RA stand for?
RA stands for Rabbinical Assembly
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of RA
We have 122 other meanings of RA in our Acronym Attic
- Rainbow Six (Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six computer game)
- Retention After 60 Minutes
- Rainbow Six Seige (Tom Clancy game)
- Raytheon Six Sigma
- Reflectance at 837 Natural Melanin
- Ruehl N.925 (Abercrombie & Fitch brand)
- Earned Run Average Plus (arcane baseball statistic; used to measure pitching dominance versus the league)
- Irish Republican Army
- Postal Tax Stamp (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
Samples in periodicals archive:
16, 2004) or the Rabbinical Assembly, Ontario Region (CJN, Jan.
They were Dru Greenwood of the Union for Reform Judaism, Rabbi Alan Silverstein of the Rabbinical Assembly of Conservative Judaism, the Rev.
Judy Yudof, lay president of the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism, broached the subject to the Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly, which will consider it in March.
Each move required the resolution of the inevitable conflict between institutional authority (that of Conservative Judaism's Rabbinical Assembly and United Synagogue) and individual freedom, as well as the need to balance the desire to modernize ritual practices against loyalty to traditional behavior.
This volume collects examples of the second type, responsa, that were prepared for the Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly of Conservative Judaism.