Not because he has any disability, but because until quite recently he insisted on using an unusual operating system on an unusual computer - RISC OS on an Acorn.
What does ROOL stand for?
ROOL stands for RISC OS (Reduced Instruction Set Computer Operating System) Open Limited
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
We have 2 other meanings of ROOL in our Acronym Attic
- Rigorous Object-Oriented Analysis
- Return on Operating Capital
- Reaching Our Outdoor Friends (homeless youth service; Ontario, Canada)
- Relief Organization of Fazugli
- Rental Opportunity for Ontario Families (Canada)
- Retro-Orbicularis Oculi Fat
- Rochester Organization of Families (Rochester, WA)
- Russian Orphan Opportunity Fund
- Rescued Out Of Freemasonry: Testimony Of Prayer
- Radiation Oncology Online Journal
- Read Once Output Many
- Real-Time Object-Oriented Methodology
- Real-time Object-Oriented Modeling
- Rigorous Object-Oriented Methods (computing workshop)
- Repetitive Ocular Orthopedic Motion Stress
- Reusable Object-Oriented Software
- Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 (game)
- Reusable One-stage Orbital Space Truck
- Reaching Out to Others Together, Inc. (Washington, DC)
- Redberry Operant Obedience Training (dogs; Mundelein, IL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
RISC OS was developed in the 1980s, before Microsoft had achieved quite the level of global dominance that it now enjoys.
Acorn Group Plc is considering a plan to spin off its RISC OS as a separate company following the spin-off of its ARM Holdings Plc, which subsequently became a much larger and more successful company than its parent.