But, preferring to identify with tape systems, it chose to sell its Iceberg virtual disk array, which was re-branded as the RAMAC virtual array, solely through IBM.
What does RVA stand for?
RVA stands for RAMAC Virtual Array (IBM storage system)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of RVA
We have 86 other meanings of RVA in our Acronym Attic
- Right Ventricle to the Ending Body Weight (ratio)
- Right Ventricular/Left Ventricular
- Right Ventricle to Left Ventricle plus Septum (weight ratio of)
- Right Ventricular/Pulmonary Artery Gradient
- Residual Volume to Total Lung Capacity Ratio
- Residual Volume/Total Lung Capacity Ratio
- Right Ventricle Relative to Both Ventricles
- Raad Voor Accreditatie (Dutch: Board for Accreditation)
- Rabies Vaccine Adsorbed
- Rafael Vinoly Architects (various locations)
- Range of Variability Approach (hydrology)
- Rapid Visco Analyzer (Foss Food Technology Corp.)
- Reactive Volt-Ampere
- Rear Velocity Adjuster (part of a paintball gun)
- Recorded Voice Announcement
- Récupération Véhicules Accidentés (French automotive repair business)
- Rede Verde Amarela (Portuguese: Yellow Green Network)
- Reduced Visual Acuity
- Refugee Village Administrator (Pakistan)
- Regie des Voies Aériennes
Samples in periodicals archive:
MARK: They designed it to replace the RAMAC Virtual Array.
By contrast, the Ramac virtual arrays already feature this capability.
The SnapShot feature of StorageTek's RAMAC Virtual Arrays (formerly known as Icebergs before IBM started selling them under its own label) will not be put into Shark.
Among the new products, which will cover Unix and NT attached storage, distributed backup and System 390 products, will be enhancements to the IBM Ramac Virtual Array product lines, which IBM currently sources from Storagtek.