23) Probably the best known such system, the Query by Image Content (QBIC) system developed by IBM, is commercially available and widely used (Flickner et al.
What does QBIC stand for?
QBIC stands for Query By Image Content
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of QBIC
We have 2 other meanings of QBIC in our Acronym Attic
- Qualified Business Income (taxation)
- Quality Botanical Ingredients, Inc.
- Quantile-Based Inspection Scheme
- Quark Biotech, Inc. (Fremont, CA)
- Queensland Brain Institute (Brisbane, Australia)
- Quite Bloody Impossible
- Quantitative Biology Center (Tübingen, Germany)
- Quebec Biotechnology Innovation Centre (est. 1995)
- Queensland Bus Industry Council (Australia)
- queries based on image content
- Quick Before It Melts (blog; qbim.blogspot.com)
- Queensland Building Information System (Australia)
- Qualified Bit
- Quantum bit (system with two basis states)
- Quantum Bit Induction Technology, Inc.
- Query By Keyword
- Quadruple Bottom Line (management principle)
- Quaker Bolivia Link (UK)
- Qualified Bidders List
- Qualifizierungszentrum Bergisch Land (German: Training Center Bergisch Land; Bergisches Land, Germany)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Examples include Query by Image Content (QBIC), ART MUSEUM using Query by Visual Example (QVE), CORE, the Chabot project from UC Berkeley, Virage for multimedia management, and Photobook.