Commodore Matt Allen's modified Volvo 70 Ichi Ban got the gun mid-morning on Easter Saturday (the race started on Good Friday) and Queensland Cruising Yacht Club (QCYC) officials the following day declared Ray Roberts' Cookson 50 Quantum Racing overall IRC winner of the 60-year-old Courier Mail Cup, a 308 nautical mile race.
What does QCYC stand for?
QCYC stands for Queensland Cruising Yacht Club (Australia)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of QCYC
- Queen City Wheels (Newport, Kentucky)
- Quarter Century Wireless Association
- Queensland Country Women's Association (Australia)
- Quad City Wind Ensemble (Davenport, IA)
- Queen City Web Hosting (Ohio)
- Queen City Wing Riders (Ohio)
- My Full Call Sign Is ... (Amateur Radio)
- What Is Your Full Call Sign? (Amateur Radio)
- Quincy (Amtrak station code; Quincy, IL)
- Queen City Yacht Club (est. 1916; Seattle, WA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Results Queensland Cruising Yacht Club 59th Brisbane to Gladstone race Line Honours: Ichi Ban (Matt Allen, CYCA) 22-20-45 1, Quantum Racing (Ray Roberts, CYCA) 24-52-29 2, Wot Yot (Graeme Wood) 25-47-26 3.
Then on Good Friday, 29 March, the Queensland Cruising Yacht Club will run the 54th annual Brisbane to Gladstone Race.