For cationic surfactants such as quaternary ammonium compounds are used.
What does QAC stand for?
QAC stands for Quaternary Ammonium Compound
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of QAC
We have 36 other meanings of QAC in our Acronym Attic
- Quality Air Check
- Quality and Accounting Capsule
- Quality Aspects of Coordination (workshop)
- Quality Assessment Committee
- Quality Assurance and Control (various applications)
- Quality Assurance Certificate
- Quality Assurance Committee
- Quality Assurance Coordinator
- Quantity At Completion
- quaque ante cibum (Latin: before every meal)
- Queen Alexandra College (UK)
- Queen Anne's County (Maryland, USA)
- Queen's Accessibility Committee (Queens University; Canada)
- Queensland Arts Council (Australia)
- Queer Advocacy Committee (CCADV)
- Question - Answer - Conclusion (used in FAQs)
- Questionnaire Assistance Center (US Census Bureau)
- Quick Attack Cancel (gaming tactic)
- Quickie Aircraft Corp (defunct)
- Quinte Alliance Church (Ontario, Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mason Chemical Company is a leader in the development, registration and sale of quaternary ammonium compounds and related chemistries.
The disadvantages of iodine compounds are that they are inactivated by Quaternary Ammonium compounds (Quats), which could pose a problem when iodine and Quats are used in rotation.
95 Hardcover QR100 The nine papers in this collection review studies on the transferable antibiotic resistance of oral biofilms, the performance of silane quaternary ammonium compounds applied to surfaces, methods for minimizing exposure to biofilms in hospital water distribution systems, and the need for more studies on biofilm growth in hot tubs.
The combination of alcohol and three quaternary ammonium compounds provides both immediate results and a long-lasting, residual kill of unwanted organisms including Clostridium Difficile spores which are traditionally very hard to remove.
Summary: Studies Confirm that Arch Chemicals' Vantocilao FHC Antimicrobial Product Is Effective Against Swine Flu Virus Studies Confirm that Arch Chemicals' Vantocilao FHC Antimicrobial Product Is Effective Against Swine Flu Virus Vantocilao FHC is based on the active ingredient poly (hexamethylene biguanide) hydrochloride (PHMB) in combination with a quaternary ammonium compound (alkyl dimethyl ammonium chloride).
In the present study, we are investigating the differential protein expression during Escherichia coli biofilm formation on an unmodified silicone coating and a silicone coating containing a covalently tethered quaternary ammonium compound (QAC).