We used the quartic kernel as our weighting scheme in this study.
What does 4 stand for?
4 stands for Quartic (math, chemistry)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of 4
- Triple Extra Large
- Video Job (police incident code; New Zealand)
- Three Times Dope (hip hop trio)
- 3X Magnifier Lens
- Other School Talks (police incident code; New Zealand)
- 3-Year Individual Development Plan
- Other Preventative Task (police incident code; New Zealand)
- Second Base (baseball scoring)
- Fourth Nephi (Book of Mormon)
- Four-Channel (electronics)
- Four-Cascaded Single-Stage Distributed Amplifier
- Four Dimensional
- Four-Dimensional Trellis Encoder
- Head, Heart, Hands, Health (pledged by members of 4-H Clubs)
- 4-Methylimidazole (chemical compound)
- N-(4-Methoxyphenyl) Retinamide (Fenretinide)
- Four-Level Pulse Amplitude Modulation (telecommunications)
Samples in periodicals archive:
21) A quartic kernel function was used with adaptive bandwidth composed of 1% of the observations for each type of food establishment (n=1,929 for convenience stores, n=1,118 for fast-food restaurants and n=828 for supermarkets) and cell spacing of 100 m.
With quartic curve fitting, the tendency of [[beta].
Combining Equations (4) and (5) and simplifying, we have an explicit quartic equation in terms of [T.
4) [MATHEMATICAL EXPRESSION NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII] The roots of this quartic polynomial give the y coordinates of the intersections.
between triples, quadruples, and so forth, the number of assays grows with the cube, the quartic, and so on, of n.
In Column (ii), we report estimates of a regression model, which adds employment related variables: a quartic in years of work experience, occupational industry areas reported in the Wave I survey, and whether the surveyee reported that their employer would pay half or more of the cost of the MBA program.