A variety of solid-state systems are currently being investigated as candidates for quantum bits of information, or qubits, as well as a number of approaches to quantum computing protocols, and the race is on for identifying the best combination.
What does qbit stand for?
qbit stands for Quantum bit (system with two basis states)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of qbit
- Queensland Brain Institute (Brisbane, Australia)
- Quite Bloody Impossible
- Quantitative Biology Center (Tübingen, Germany)
- Quebec Biotechnology Innovation Centre (est. 1995)
- Queensland Bus Industry Council (Australia)
- queries based on image content
- Query By Image Content
- Quick Before It Melts (blog; qbim.blogspot.com)
- Queensland Building Information System (Australia)
- Qualified Bit
- Quantum Bit Induction Technology, Inc.
- Query By Keyword
- Quadruple Bottom Line (management principle)
- Quaker Bolivia Link (UK)
- Qualified Bidders List
- Qualifizierungszentrum Bergisch Land (German: Training Center Bergisch Land; Bergisches Land, Germany)
- Quality Boat Lifts, Inc. (Fort Myers, FL)
- Questionable Bone Loss
- Quadruple Bottom Line Reporting
- Quasi-Bayes Linear Regression (algorithm)
Samples in periodicals archive:
But in superposition, a quantum bit, known as a qubit, could be either zero or one, or both zero and one at the same time.
The researchers also believe that their device represents a new route to a quantum computer--a powerful type of computer that uses quantum bits (qubits) rather than the conventional bits used in today's computers.
But quantum bits can hold those states, 0 and 1, simultaneously.
Using this characteristics, the joint research group has produced and detected entanglement between two quantum bits by treating the nuclear spin of a phosphorus atom as one quantum bit and the captured electron's spin as another quantum bit.
9780393336832 Natural computing; DNA, quantum bits, and the future of smart machines.
On the other hand, spin behavior as a quantum bit is used for quantum processing of information," Mohammad Mehdi Golshan, an Iranian physicist at Shiraz University, said.