Not that it isn't sufficiently, well, "clinical" to fit the bill; it is a rigorously scientific discussion of Quantitative Buffy Coat Analysis hematology, and the science and technology related to it, by an outstanding physician who has had a parallel career as an inventor of such instrumentation and developer of ever-more innovative applications for it.
What does QBC stand for?
QBC stands for Quantitative Buffy Coat
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of QBC
We have 34 other meanings of QBC in our Acronym Attic
- Quality's Best & Beautiful (cheese; Japan)
- Queensboro Bridge (New York, NY)
- Queens and Bronx Building Association (New York)
- Queensland Bed and Breakfast Association Inc. (Australia)
- Quebec Board of Black Educators, Inc. (Canada)
- Qatar British Business Forum (Doha, Qatar)
- Q.B. Boydstun Library (Fort Gibson, OK)
- Queensland Bloodstock Breeders Sales (Australia)
- Quick Bulletin Board System
- Quality Bus Corridor (Dublin Transportation Office; Dublin, Ireland)
- Queens Badminton Club (New York)
- Queer Black Cinema (film series and festival; New York)
- Quehanna Boot Camp (est. 1992; Pennsylvania Department of Corrections)
- Query by Committee (algorithm)
- Quinault Baptist Church (Kennewick, WA)
- Queensland Blind Cricket Association
- Queensland Body Corporate Association (Australia)
- Quantin Binnah Community Centre (Australia)
- Queensland Building and Construction Commission (Australia)
- Quentin Burdick Center for Cooperatives (North Dakota State University; Fargo, ND)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Borrelia species were detected in Giemsa-stained thin blood smears by microscopy and quantitative buffy coat analysis (Becton Dickinson, Le Pont de Claix, France) when available (4).
The diagnostic modalities which are available for malaria range from conventional thick and thin smears, quantitative buffy coat smears [QBC], to rapid and more reliable diagnostic modalities like antigen detection tests for detecting parasitic antigen like histidine-rich protein-2 (HRP-2), Plasmodium lactate dehydrogenase (pLDH) and pan specific aldolase.
However, quantitative buffy coat analysis (QBC; Becton Dickinson, Le Pont de Claix, France) showed numerous spirochetes, which prompted a rereview and careful analysis of the slides, during which spirochetes were infrequently seen.
Results of quantitative buffy coat analysis were positive for malaria trophozoites, schizonts, and gametocytes.
A malaria case was defined by the association of clinical signs and Plasmodium parasites in blood smears or quantitative buffy coat tests (per definition of military epidemiologic surveillance).
Tick-borne relapsing fever imported from West Africa: diagnosis by quantitative buffy coat analysis and in vitro culture of Borrelia crocidurae.
A quantitative buffy coat test result for malaria was negative, and she was discharged.