In order to open an HSA, an individual must be covered by a qualified high deductible health plan (HDHP).
What does QHDHP stand for?
QHDHP stands for Qualified High Deductible Health Plan
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Queenswood Heights Community Association (Canada)
- Quaker Hill Conference Center (Richmond, IN)
- Quincy Health Care Management (Illinois)
- Quadruple High-Definition (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- Qualified Hygienic Design (design standards)
- Quantum Hadrodynamics (nuclear physics)
- Quarter High-Definition
- Quarter Horse Directory
- Queens House of Detention (New York)
- Qualified Hazardous Duty Area (US Congress designated)
- Honorary Dental Surgeon to the Queen
- Quality High-Definition Video
- Quality in Higher Education (journal)
- Quantum Hall Effect
- Quick Home Energy Checkup (Maryland)
- Qualified Higher Education Expense
- Qualitative Habitat Evaluation Index (US EPA)
- Quakers Hill East Public School (Australia)
- Queensland Health Electronic Publishing Service (Australia)
- Quail Hollow Elementary School (Wesley Chapel, FL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This applies to Principal health savings accounts sold in conjunction with a new qualified high deductible health plan from The Principal with an effective date between November 1, 2007 and January 31, 2008.
Individuals using the Benefitfocus service to enroll in an HSA- qualified high deductible health plan can open and fund a First Horizon HSA account during the same online session - no wet signature required.
Health savings accounts are tax-advantaged accounts that are paired with qualified high deductible health plans.
Additionally, American's Optum Solutions can be structured as a Qualified High Deductible Health Plan for use with an HSA (Health Savings Account).
As part of a consumer-driven health plan, HSAs are available to anyone with a qualified high deductible health plan.
HMSA plans to begin marketing HSA- qualified High Deductible Health Plans in the fourth quarter of 2005.
Along with the coverage for preventive care and the qualified high deductible health plan in case of a serious illness, members enjoy unprecedented control over their health care dollars combined with the peace of mind of a traditional health plan.