A qualified domestic relations order (QDRO) allows an employee's retirement plan to pay benefits to an ex-spouse named as alternate payee.
What does QDRO stand for?
QDRO stands for Qualified Domestic Relations Order (US IRS)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Quick Disaster Recovery (open source software)
- Quick Dump Rinser
- Quintin Design Resources (Missouri)
- Reciprocal Magnetic Bearing (opposite of QDM)
- Qua de Re Agitur (Latin, codices and manuscripts)
- Quadrangle Debt Recovery Advisors (New York, NY)
- Queensland Drag Racing Association (Australia)
- Quality, Delivery, Responsiveness and Cost (business motto)
- Quality of Dental Restoration
- Quadratically Deformed Relativistic Kinematics
- Qua de Re Peto (Latin, codices and manuscripts)
- Quality Data Reporting Program (hospital data reporting)
- Quad Data Rate SRAM
- Qantas Defence Services Pty. Ltd. (Australia)
- Quality Data System (software)
- Quality Diagnostic Services
- Quality Distribution Service
- Quanta Data Storage
- Quantitative Decision Support, Inc. (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)
- Quantum Denoising System (Image reconstruction filter in computer tomography systems)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Same-sex former spouses are also now entitled to receive a portion of a retirement plan account at divorce on a tax-free basis through a qualified domestic relations order.
She also assisted employers with defined benefit plan funding challenges, employee benefits issues arising from corporate acquisitions and divestitures, and qualified domestic relations orders.
She was Senior Vice President at Aon Consulting where she led the team that fully outsourced Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO) processing for defined benefit and defined contribution plans and was responsible for legal issues related to compliance, operations and corporate restructuring of 9 AT&T savings plans.
Under a qualified domestic relations order (QDRO) issued after Walton's retirement from the USAF, Mitchell was awarded one-half of the community property interest in Walton's net disposable military retirement pay.
Part III covers in-service distribution-related forms, including issues raised by qualified domestic relations orders.
In a sort of thrust-and-parry encounter, each effort by the government to make asset preservation more difficult has been met with new legal end-runs: gifting, irrevocable asset preservations trusts, annuities, Miller Trusts, qualified domestic relations orders, life estates, and so on.
There are two other situations under which you can pull out funds, but these apply to employer-sponsored plans only: separation of service and qualified domestic relations orders.