00 Hanzo (electronics and computer science, University of Southampton, UK) overviews major single- and multi-carrier quadrature amplitude modulation (QAM) techniques in this reference for senior undergraduate and postgraduate students as well as practicing engineers and researchers.
What does QAM stand for?
QAM stands for Quadrature Amplitude Modulation
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of QAM
We have 23 other meanings of QAM in our Acronym Attic
- Queen Anne Little League (Seattle, WA)
- Quality-Adjusted Life Month (health measurement)
- Information Request to Departure Station
- Queensland Amputee Limb Service (Queensland, Australia)
- Quality Assurance and Learning and Teaching Committee
- Quantitative Accelerated Life Testing
- Quality Assurance Lot Verification Testing
- Quality-Adjusted Life Week (clinical trials)
- Quality-Adjusted Life-Year (score)
- Quality-Adjusted Life-Year
- Quadripartite Agreed Materiel
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Quality Assurance Manual
- Quality Assurance Monitor
- Quality Assurance Monitoring
- Quaque die Ante Meridiem (Latin: Every Day Before Noon)
- Queensland Air Museum (Australia)
- Queue Access Method
- Quality Assurance Management and Analysis (computer database program; deer industry; Australia)
- Quebec Asbestos Mining Association (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Quadrature Amplitude Modulation, or QAM, is a method of transmitting digital signals either over the air or through cable.
gov Acronyms for the various analog and digital standards are: * NTSC: National Television Systems Committee * ATSC: Advanced Television Systems Committee * DVB-T: Digital Video Broadcasting - Terrestrial * DMB-T: Digital Multimedia Broadcast - Terrestrial * PAL: Phase-Alternating Line * SECAM: Sequentiel couleur Ea memoire (French for "sequential color with memory") * QAM: Quadrature amplitude modulation Microtune is a registered trademark and MicroTuner is a trademark of Microtune, Inc.
Quadrature Amplitude Modulation (QAM): This method is used for varying the amplitude of cable broadcast signals.
a leading provider of next generation Ethernet in the First Mile (EFM) broadband access solutions, today announced the ExpressSTREAM Very high speed Digital Subscriber Loop (VDSL) XH-1200 Quadrature Amplitude Modulation (QAM) based concentrator supporting ExpressSTREAM hospitality, multi-tenant and LEC pop sites.
today announced the digital video quadrature amplitude modulation (QAM) product series, as part of the next phase of the Cisco Next Generation Digital Video Network strategy, specifically designed to help cable operators deliver new video-on-demand (VoD) services.
The additional feature -- a Quadrature Amplitude Modulation (QAM) RF interface for the DTS MPEG-2 Transport Stream Analyzer -- will enable network technicians to troubleshoot network signals with more efficiency by analyzing and monitoring any MPEG-2 transport stream being carried within a QAM RF signal.