However, recent studies ensure that the activity of pyruvate carboxylase is prominent over PEP carboxylase (PetersWendisch, et al.
What does PC stand for?
PC stands for Pyruvate Carboxylase
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PC
We have 356 other meanings of PC in our Acronym Attic
- Pulse Compression
- Pulverized Coal
- Pump, Condensate
- Punched Card
- Punting Center (long snapper on punts; pro football)
- Purchase Card
- Purchase Contract
- Purple Car (blog)
- Pussy Cat
- Pyrates Confraternity (student association; est. 1952)
- Personal Computer Disk Operating System (IBM)
- IBM Personal Computer Educational Technology
- Personnel Concept III (USAF Personnel MIS)
- Power Commander 3 (motorcycles ignition timing and fuel metering adjustment device)
- Protein Calorie Percent
- Property Classification and Accounting
- Personnel Compensation And Benefits
- Project Controls and Budget Services
- Protective Clothing And Equipment
- Powys Children and Families Forum (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Biotin is also essential for the function of pyruvate carboxylase, which plays a role in the conversion of pyruvate to oxaloacetate.
In this group, a biochemical defect was documented in 21 patients: complex IV deficiency, n = 8; complex I deficiency, n = 5; complex II+III deficiency, n = 2; multiple complexes deficiency, n = 5; pyruvate carboxylase deficiency (type B), n = 1.