Airlines, tour operators and hotel chains are all hard at work undermining the Puritan Work Ethic with a smorgasbord of special offers for the "business extender," ranging from half-price hotel rooms (with "welcome" fruit baskets, flowers, Champagne and a "personal thank-you" from the assistant deputy house manager) to elaborately packaged mini-vacations (with "gourmet" dinners, tickets to a show, golf and tennis), insidiously favoring double occupancy.
What does PWE stand for?
PWE stands for Puritan Work Ethic
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PWE
We have 39 other meanings of PWE in our Acronym Attic
- Polskie Wydawnictwo Ekonomiczne (Polish: Polish Economic Publishing House)
- Positive Work Environment (various locations)
- Prairie Wind Ensemble (East Peoria, IL)
- Previous Work Experience
- Primary Weapons and Equipment
- Progressive Wave Equation
- Prolog Word Expert
- Pseudo-Wire Emulation
- Public Works Engineering
- Pulsating Water Engine
- Pseudo-Wire Emulation Edge to Edge
- Pennsylvania Water Environment Association (Gettysburg, PA)
- Prince William Education Association
- Public Works Employment Act of 1976 (US)
- Pan Western Energy Corp. (Tulsa, OK)
- Post-Weaning Escherichia Coli Diarrhea
- Planet Waves Elastic Cable Ties
- Practice Winning Every Day
- Public Works Economic Development Program (Massachusetts)
- Public Works and Economic Development Act (1965)
Samples in periodicals archive:
: During a decade living abroad I discovered the planet's Idle Majority, the billions who reject the Puritan work ethic and extol leisure.
And I started sharing my experiences from the show, and my belief that we'd wage this war against the Puritan work ethic.
Drobnich blames 400 years of the Puritan work ethic for the shame Americans feel over a midday snooze.
Nevertheless, virtue, talent, and the Puritan work ethic prevail.
The Puritan work ethic made many colonists modestly wealthy, too, despite their lack of a defining cash crop.
The genre seems to have emerged from the American tradition of optimism but has also drawn on Reformational Christianity, the Puritan work ethic, health awareness, the rise of psychology, American etiquette and business culture.