The report suggests a raft of balancing tools, including "right to farm" policies, conservation easements, purchase of development rights, and valuing land for taxation at its current use (for farming or forestry, for example) rather than at its purported "highest market value.
What does PDR stand for?
PDR stands for Purchase of Development Rights
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PDR
We have 287 other meanings of PDR in our Acronym Attic
- Project Definition Report
- Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy
- Prospective Drug Review
- Proved Developed Reserve (oil exploration)
- Provider Dispute Resolution (various organizations)
- Public Data Release (US EPA)
- Public Disclosure Request (proprietary information)
- Public Document Room
- Pulse Doppler Radar
- Pulse Dose Rate (radiation therapy)
- Pygmy Dipole Resonance
- Processed Data Recorder and Stored Peripheral Area (US NASA)
- Paint and Decorating Retailers Association
- Pan-Drug-Resistant Acinetobacter
- Participatory Disaster Risk Assessment (Emergency Capacity Building Project)
- Piedmont Diving & Rescue Association (North Carolina)
- Post-Doctoral Research Assistant
- Postdoctoral Research Associate
- Postmarketing Drug Risk Assessment (US FDA)
- Preventable Drug Related Admissions (hospital; various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
We do have one person working part time on the purchase of development rights program.
Fifteen states now use purchase of development rights to protect farmland.
] through M through a purchase of development rights (PDR) program.
The efforts described in this Article range from agricultural districts, exclusive agricultural zoning, taxation methods, and the purchase of development rights through transfer of development rights programs and conservation easement programs.