Youths at the Grange Extended Learning Centre, a pupil referral unit in Coundon, took part in a scientific investigation on campus.
What does PRU stand for?
PRU stands for Pupil Referral Unit
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PRU
We have 58 other meanings of PRU in our Acronym Attic
- Program Resources Unit
- Program Review Unit (various organizations)
- Programmable Real-Time Unit
- Programme de Réparations d'Urgences
- Projets de Rénovation Urbaine
- Provincial Reconnaissance Unit
- Prudential Financial
- Pruhonice (seismological station)
- Pseudo-Random Upstream (Sequence)
- Public Relations Unit
- Pine Rivers Uniting Church (Australia)
- Property Record Unit Catalog
- Permanently Residing in the US Under Color of Law
- Planned Residential Unit Development
- Population, Rural and Urban Development Division (United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific)
- Prediction of Regional Scenarios and Uncertainties for Defining European Climate Change Risks and Effects (Scientific Project of the European Union)
- Packet Radio Users Group (Japan)
- Philippine Ruby Users Group
- Princess Royal University Hospital (UK)
- Proximal Radioulnar Joint
Samples in periodicals archive:
Michael's Pupil Referral Unit (or PRU for short) is about to open, with the formidable Nikki Boston in charge.
Such a move would also allow for the Pupil Referral Unit to be relocated to the same site.
It is then up to the local authority to provide the youngster with full-time education, for example in a pupil referral unit, or another organisation, such as one that specialises in vocational subjects or improving behaviour.
Ann Keane, chief inspector of Estyn, said: "There has been great progress over the past few years in the way that mainstream schools and pupil referral units have improved their support for pupils with disabilities although the greatest progress has been in special schools.
The plans also include expanding the nursery to take over a nearby pupil referral unit run by the council, which would have to relocate.
The 15-minute tragic tale depicts a fatal stabbing and will be performed in seven schools and pupil referral units as well as the Dudley Youth Offenders Service.
The three schools, which have been given the go-ahead under the Partnerships for Schools scheme, include Alexandra High School and Batman's Hill Pupil Referral Unit, Wodensborough Technology College and Woden's Rise Pupil Referral Unit and Oldbury College of Sport.