00 Hardcover Studies in industry society HF5548 Heide (business history, Copenhagen Business School) documents the history of the punched card and shows how this primitive system of documentation led to the modern information age.
What does PC stand for?
PC stands for Punched Card
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of PC
We have 356 other meanings of PC in our Acronym Attic
- Psychiatrisch Centrum (Dutch)
- Psychrometic Chart
- Public Citizen
- Public Convenience (UK)
- Pubococcygeus muscle
- Pulsating Current
- Pulse Command
- Pulse Compression
- Pulverized Coal
- Pump, Condensate
- Punting Center (long snapper on punts; pro football)
- Purchase Card
- Purchase Contract
- Purple Car (blog)
- Pussy Cat
- Pyrates Confraternity (student association; est. 1952)
- Pyruvate Carboxylase
- Personal Computer Disk Operating System (IBM)
- IBM Personal Computer Educational Technology
- Personnel Concept III (USAF Personnel MIS)
Samples in periodicals archive:
These screens, though primitive by today's standards, allowed for a lot more information than the punched card enabled.
The insurance industry looks completely different than it did when policies were handwritten and information was collected on punched cards at the dawn of the 20th century.