Sometimes I think the strip is incomplete and wonder if the punch line will appear in the next day's paper but it's been years and I'm tired of waiting for the punch line.
What does PL stand for?
PL stands for Punch Line
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of PL
We have 104 other meanings of PL in our Acronym Attic
- Property Loss
- Prospecting License
- Protection Level
- Protective Location
- Public Law
- Public Library
- Pulse Laser
- Pulse Length
- Pulse Limiting
- Pumper Ladder (firefighting vehicle)
- Punch List (NASA)
- Plate Number Block (philately; usually includes a # sign)
- Product Lead, Wideband Enterprise Satellite Systems (US Army)
- Postal Laws and Regulations
- Port Lavaca - Calhoun County Board of Realtors (Port Lavaca, TX)
- Primary Lymphoma of the Central Nervous System
- Periodically-Loaded Nonlinear Transmission Line
- Programming Language 1 (high level language developed by IBM)
- Programming Language/Advanced Systems (IBM)
- Programming Inquiry Learning or Teaching
Samples in periodicals archive:
Men, on the other hand, tend to look forward to the punch line in the expectation of hearing something funny.
Herold's lowered-expectations approach to materials is typically augmented by titles that operate like punch lines, completing the objects' narrative setups.
Words that show up in spelling bees are often absurdly arcane, and when contestants ask to hear them used in a sentence, it's the perfect setup for incongruously adult punch lines.
For each idea, Lane gives the setup (the basic concept and materials needed), the punch (like the punch line of a joke; how to make the presentation effective and humorous), a funny tip (further ideas for extending the project and making it amusing), and an example of a report.