uk PUMPED storage schemes are like large batteries that store up hydro power for later use.
What does PSS stand for?
PSS stands for Pumped Storage Scheme (India)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PSS
We have 644 other meanings of PSS in our Acronym Attic
- Pseudo Steady State
- Pseudo-Search Scan
- Pseudotolithus Senegalensis (aka Cassava Croaker; fisheries)
- Psyber Stream Server (software)
- Psychosocial Support Service (various locations)
- Public Safety Service
- Public School System
- Public Sector Superannuation (Australia)
- Public Security System (various locations)
- Pulsed Spallation Source
- Pure Sensory Stroke (medical)
- Perimeter Surveillance System-Closed Circuit Television
- Perceived Social Support from Family
- Performance Status Scale for Head and Neck Cancer
- Precision Strike Suite for Special Operations Forces
- Particle Size-Selective-Threshold Limit Value
- Private Network Signaling System 1
- Private Signalling System 1 (aka QSIG)
- Pseudomonas Syringae Pathovar Syringae 61 (protein)
- Parasternal Short Axis
Samples in periodicals archive:
Chief Engineer and Turbine System Engineering Manager, Eskom Peaking Generation, Cape Town - Christine Worlen, Independent International Renewable Energy Expert, Germany - Ayanda Nakedi, Head of Renewables Business Unit, Eskom Delegates at Clean Power Africa will also have to opportunity to visit three projects to see renewable energy in action in the Western Cape, namely the Steenbras Pumped Storage Scheme, Klipheuwel Wind Energy Facility and the Aquila CPV solar demonstration plant.
Our pumped storage scheme at Dinorwig and the tiny Vale of Rheidol hydro station could do little to power Welsh railways.
ThyssenKrupp Steel Europe AG is supplying 17,000 metric tons of high-strength, quenched and tempered plate to the Ingula pumped storage scheme project of the South African power utility Eskom.
Then there was the development of the pumped storage scheme at Dinorwig which allowed us to get involved in major rock anchoring work in North Wales.
He travelled the world as a both a projects and contracts manager and was involved in major construction projects - such as the Dinorwic pumped storage scheme in Llanberis to others as far afield as Middle East irrigation schemes.
By then, energy storage technologies, such as hydrogen, crops, pumped storage schemes and possibly tidal lagoons would be used to balance supply and demand.