Four primary approaches are typically used to measure depth of soil cover over an existing pipeline: a) physical probing from the water surface or by diver, b) gradiometer array, c) pulse induction system, and d) chirp subbottom profiler.
What does PI stand for?
PI stands for Pulse Induction
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PI
We have 126 other meanings of PI in our Acronym Attic
- Provider Independent (IP address space assigned by IANA)
- Proyectos Industriales
- Psicología Integrada (Portugese)
- Psykoterapiinstitut (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Public Information
- Public Intoxication (law enforcement)
- Public Involvement (various locations)
- Pulmonary Infection (lungs)
- Pulmonary Insufficiency (cardiac measurement)
- Pulsatility Index
Samples in periodicals archive:
Aa As a route-clearance vehicle,the Husky drives in front of convoys using pulse induction to detect metallic content buried underground.
Recyclers may also be interested in a new Eriez Magnetics metal-detection system using pulse induction that's reportedly immune to dampness.