Pulmonary interstitial emphysema almost exclusively occurs as a result of positive pressure ventilation with peak airway pressures exceeding 30 cm[H.
What does PIE stand for?
PIE stands for Pulmonary Interstitial Emphysema (medical)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PIE
We have 278 other meanings of PIE in our Acronym Attic
- Progress in Industrial Ecology (journal; Inderscience Publishers)
- Project Import Export, Inc. (furniture; Miami, FL)
- Propagation, Infection, Execution (computer security)
- Proto-Indo European (linguistics)
- Protocol Information Element
- Psychological Impacts and Effects
- Public Interest Entity (various locations)
- Public Internet Exchange (various locations)
- Public Issues Education
- Pulmonary Infiltrates with Eosinophils (lung disorder)
- Pulse Interference Elimination
- Pulsed Irrigation Evacuation (enema)
- Punkt Informacji Europejskiej (Polish: European Information Point)
- St Petersburg/Clearwater, FL, USA - St Petersburg/Clearwater International (Airport Code)
- Peel International Education Alliance (educational organization; Oakville, Ontario,Canada)
- Petroleum Industry Electrical Association
- Petroleum Institute of East Africa (oil industry group; Nairobi, Kenya; est.1999)
- Photo Imaging Education Association
- Politique Institutionnelle d'évaluation des Apprentissages (Quebec, Canada)
- Programa de Iniciativas Estudiantiles Académicas (Spanish: Student Academic Program Initiatives; Chile)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The initial abnormal air collection in barotrauma is pulmonary interstitial emphysema (PIE), most often identified in children.
1,14) In cases of spontaneous pneumomediastinum during labor, it is believed that alveolar rupture secondary to a rapid increase in air pressure in the alveoli leads to pulmonary interstitial emphysema.