A prospective study of complications of pulmonary artery catheterizations in 500 consecutive patients.
What does PAC stand for?
PAC stands for Pulmonary Artery Catheterization
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PAC
We have 1062 other meanings of PAC in our Acronym Attic
- Public Access Center
- Public Accountants Council (Canada)
- Public Accounts Committee (UK)
- Public Advisory Committee
- Public Affairs and Communications (various organizations)
- Public Affairs Committee
- Public Affairs Council (Washington, DC)
- Public Archives of Canada
- Public Art Commission (various locations)
- Public Assistance Coordinator (US FEMA)
- Puntland AIDS Commission (Somalia)
- Purdue Anime Club (Purdue University; Indiana)
- Political-Military Anchor Desk and COE Complex Humanitarian Emergency Support Test
- Pacific-10 Conference
- Patriot Advanced Capability - 2
- Patriot Advanced Capability - Phase 3
- Peace Agreement Compliance Cell
- Pragmatic Assessment of Communication in Dementia
- Personal Access Communications System, Unlicensed Band
- PATRIOT Advanced Capability - 3
Samples in periodicals archive:
Pulmonary artery catheterization in critically ill patients: a prospective analysis of outcome changes associated with catheter-prompted changes in therapy.
Accurate predictors of responsiveness to fluid administration are therefore needed in the operating theatre, especially since haemodynamic parameters obtained through standard pulmonary artery catheterization (PAC) for preload and volume status assessment are becoming increasingly questioned.
Among the important findings were that direct measurement of blood volume would have resulted in different treatment in 33% of the patients who had pulmonary artery catheterization, an invasive procedure.
Prior to BioZ technology, physicians had to either base their decisions on subjective assessment or get the information they needed through an invasive and risky (irregular heart beat, infection, death) procedure called pulmonary artery catheterization (PAC), requiring an incision in the neck and a catheter (plastic tube) inserted in the patient's heart.
Practice guidelines for pulmonary artery catheterization.