EWEB, a publicly owned utility celebrating its centennial this year, doesn't allow the opportunity.
What does POU stand for?
POU stands for Publicly Owned Utility
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of POU
We have 27 other meanings of POU in our Acronym Attic
- Point Of Use
- Pokhara University (Nepal)
- Polish Open University (Warsaw, Poland)
- Port of Unlading (shipping)
- Poughkeepsie, NY, USA - Dutchess County (Airport Code)
- Pressurizing and Overspeed Unit
- Prevalence of Undernourishment (population proportion)
- Principles of Understanding (water supply management; various locations)
- Program Organization Unit
- Public Order Unit (various nations)
- Pyrexia of Unknown Origin
- Pou Domain, Class 1, Transcription Factor 1
- Planning Office for Urban Affairs (housing service; Boston, MA)
- Post Office Users Council (UK)
- Point-of-Use Chemical Generation
- Pregnancy Outcomes and Community Health (NIH)
- Post Office Users Council for Scotland
- Pittsburgh Oracle Users Group (Pennsylvania)
- Point Of Use Inventory
- Paris Operators for Universal Internet Exchange (French Gitoyen; Paris, France)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The move is part of a plan to expand the publicly owned utility and keep household water bills down.
For example, PSE&G, one of the nation's largest gas and electric companies and New Jersey's largest publicly owned utility, recently approved a new-generation bimodal PE pipe resin from Dow Chemical Co.
A publicly owned utility shouldn't keep the public in the dark.
The publicly owned utility was plunged into crisis when Professor Alan Alexander walked out after his plans for the company were thrown out.