Funk Software has unveiled the Steel-Belted Radius/SS7 Gateway, software and hardware that enables GSM operators to tap into new revenue opportunities in the public WLAN market without changing their existing mobility, customer care, or billing infrastructure.
What does P-WLAN stand for?
P-WLAN stands for Public WLAN
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Packet Temporary Mobile Subscriber Identity (GSM 03.60 version 7.4.1)
- Post-Tsunami Operational Management Structure
- Phagocytic Cells of the Thymic Reticulum
- Power Voltage
- Pressure Volume Temperature (also seen as PVT)
- Production Verification Testing
- Protoss vs. Terran (Starcraft game)
- Pattern Electroretinogram and Visually Evoked Cortical Potentials
- Predicted Video Object Plane
- Plasma White Cell Filtration Rates
Samples in periodicals archive:
Some analysts are saying that much of the money being poured into public WLANs today to enable access from places as diverse as bars, hotels, airports, trains, bus and metro stations, is going to waste.
Funk Software has introduced Steel-Belted Radius/SS7 Gateway, a new product which lets GSM operators offer public WLAN access to their customers, while leveraging their existing mobility, customer care, and billing infrastructure.
Hotspots or public WLAN Internet access, regardless of shape, size, or business model, need a backhaul connection to carry data traffic to the Internet.
Motorola's Professional Services Group deployed the solution, which includes a subscriber management and rating system for innovative prepaid and postpaid services on the first commercial public WLAN network in the UK.
Public WLANs could be generating three billion euros of revenues by 2006 -- and could be reducing average revenue per corporate subscriber of phone networks to around 450 euros a year from over 650 euros.
Leveraging its success in the carrier WLAN market, Colubris offers its FMC solutions globally to tier-1 carriers through channels developed over five years for the delivery of public WLAN access solutions.